What's More Embarrassing When Hooking Up: Hairy Legs or Bacne? More Skincare Survey Results Inside!
(Thinkstock) What would you do to get perfect skin?
Would you give up coffee, alcohol, chocolate, or social media to have perfect skin for a year? What about bacne—is it as (or more) embarrassing than hairy legs? Do you always remove your makeup and wash your face before going to bed?
The skincare gurus over at Cetaphil have just released the results of a survey it commissioned of 400 mothers of children ages 1 to 4. Here are some of the most interesting findings. Where would your answers fall on the spectrum?
- 78 percent of women believe they'll never have perfect skin
Confession time: Skincare no-nos
- 81 percent of women have popped a pimple
- 75 percent of women have gone without SPF when outdoors
- 71 percent of women have skipped washing their faces in the morning or at night
- 59 percent of women have used regular soap to wash their faces
- 48 percent of women have skipped washing their faces after working out
- 39 percent of women have gone to tanning beds
Skincare myths and legends
- 54 percent of women believe that junk food makes acne worse
- 21 percent of women believe prescription products are more important than over the counter products for treating acne
- 16 percent of women believe you need to dry out your skin to treat acne
** The average woman will go four weeks into a relationship before allowing their new love interest to see them makeup-free (this was confirmed by another study, too).
(Thinkstock) Have you ever done this? Probably.
Food on your face
- 38 percent of women have used cucumbers as a skincare product
- 32 percent of women have used toothpaste as a skincare product
- 26 percent of women have used oatmeal as a skincare product
- 22 percent of women have used tea bags as a skincare product
- 74 percent of women apply moisturizer to their necks when they're moisturizing their faces.
** When shopping for a new skincare product, 70 percent of women notice the label more than the ingredients list.
- 79 percent of women agree with the statement: "As a teenager, I thought I would never have to deal with acne as an adult."
- 63 percent of women say their weight is more difficult to control than the condition of their skin.
** The average woman has kept her same skincare routine for six years.
- 35 percent of women admit to knowing more about celebrity gossip than caring for their skin.
- 78 percent of women believe they cannot afford all the products they need to have perfect skin.
- 59 percent of women think that having hairy legs is more embarrassing than having bacne when hooking up with someone.
What would you do?
- 48 percent of women would be willing to give up alcohol to have perfect skin for a year
- 41 percent of women would be willing to give up coffee to have perfect skin for a year
- 33 percent of women would be willing to give up chocolate to have perfect skin for a year
- 29 percent of women would be willing to give up social media to have perfect skin for a year
- 25 percent of women would be willing to give up dating to have perfect skin for a year
(Getty Images) Emma Stone, Zooey Deschanel, Charlize Theron
** Charlize Theron, Emma Stone, and Zooey Deschanel were the most popular celebrities women would like to trade complexions with.