(Seven Daughters Wine)
Wine and personal style have a lot more in common than you might think. Both can be full-bodied, both age well, and most of all, both are lifestyle passions. That's why style blogger Jacey Duprie (known as Damsel in Dior to her thousands of followers) is an ideal spokeswoman for Seven Daughters Wine. The wine company recently assembled its "Savvy Seven," a select panel of lifestyle bloggers, naming Jacey––who lends her flawlessly-accessorized hand to countless fashion sites––as the fashion authority. The ever-polished blonde, who defines her personal style as "classic and girlie with an edge," shares her holiday entertaining and styling tips.
What are your favorite holiday cocktails?
I love a deep red wine for winter, like Seven Daughters Pinot Noir. It warms my heart and gives food a rich taste. (Duprie also recommends keeeping both Seven Daughters Rich Red Winemaker’s Blend and Crisp White Winemaker’s Blend on hand to accomodate all guests.)
What are some tips for throwing a successful holiday party?
Always have music playing, candles lit and a beverage ready for your guests upon arrival. Never have the TV on, dogs jumping on guests or nothing to do post dinner--offer up a fun game!
How do you keep your guests entertained and enjoying themselves throughout the night?
My husband and I have a pretty standard schedule that we think works pretty well. We start with appetizers and drinks outside under the fire heater, move guests into our dining room for dinner. We end the night in our living room with deserts and fun games [in front of] a fire. Moving your guests throughout your home can create different moods for different portions of the night.
What are some of your go-to hairstyles for the holidays?
Since the winter months tend to be wet, I tend to embrace my frizz and go with wavy curls and teased out hair. My favorite is to pull my hair back in a messy side bun with statement earrings.
What are some tips for dressing as a hostess?
When dressing yourself keep in mind that you should be the dressiest one at the party. It'd be a shame for your guests to arrive feeling inappropriate for the occasion. Never go shoe-less and when in doubt, wear a cute dress with a statement necklace.
(Seven Daughters Wine)Jacey's Holiday Styling Tips for Seven Daughters:
- Make a Statement. The quickest, cheapest and easiest way to stand out this holiday season is to add a sparkly statement necklace to an otherwise ordinary outfit. These necklaces are a great way to bring holiday cheer to an all-black ensemble or other holiday looks.
- Wear Winter White. Nothing beats the classic and chic look of winter white during the holidays. Be sure to match your outfit with a crisp glass of Seven Daughters Crisp White Winemaker’s Blend!
- Make Lips Mistletoe-Worthy. Because your smile is your best accessory, dress it up with kiss-worthy bright red lipstick to drive the elves crazy. Or spice things up and match your lip color to the wine you bring to your next holiday party. Pinot Noir anyone?
- Rock Santa-Approved Stompers. Red – it's the color of the season for a reason. Red heels are a sexy statement that can be worn with almost anything.
- Try Texture. Just as you trim the holiday tree, think about the many layers you can incorporate into your outfits. Layer up cashmere with plaid - a nice juxtaposition of girlie meets edgy for a fresh look.
- Sleeveless Isn’t Just for Summer. Feel like you have "nothing to wear!"? Don’t be afraid to try a sleeveless dress. Layer it up for a wintry look by wearing a blouse underneath and adding tights. The blouse will look like it’s part of the dress and make your closet go further.
- Carry Color! Every gal on the go should have a bright red clutch. It’s the perfect piece to add a punch of party to every outfit, every time.