No-Heat Holiday Party 'Do: The Super Sleek Twisted Bun
This swirling style is perfect for any sophisticated soirée. Get the exact DIY steps, this way.
Holiday time means lots of things: cozy cocktails, festive frocks, glam jewels and of course, the long-awaited office holiday party. If you're like us, going straight from the office to cocktail hour can be a challenge. For anyone out there who knows what it's like to get party-ready in five minutes in an office bathroom, this series is for you. We called in the expertise of Ammon Carver, L’ANZA Healing Haircare Creative Director and stylist at of the eponymous salon in NYC, to help create three looks to take you from desk side to bar side in a snap. There's only one catch: no hot tools allowed. That's right, no curling irons, no flat irons and no blow dryers at all.
1. Start with a deep side part about an inch to an inch and a half back from the center. Tie hair off into a low ponytail at the base of the neck.
2. Section hair into thirds.
3. Take the first section (on your left side) and split into two pieces. Twist the hair toward the center. Next, take the two twisted sections and twist together.
4. Twist the sections until you feel the hair buckle and begin to fold up. Pin the twists at the base of the neck with bobby pins.
5. Repeat the same process, next with the second section over the right shoulder.
6. Once you've completed the two outside twists, you should be left with the center section hanging down.
7. Split off into two twists and complete the same process as above. Pin in place.
8. Tuck away any flyaways and spray with hairspray for ultimate polish.
Give any of our no-heat looks a shot? Be sure to share them with us on Instagram!