First Look: This Eye Shadow is Part of Jason Wu's Lancome Collection
(Photos by ImaxTree) Cara Delevinge at Jason Wu
Remember last week when Jason Wu announced he was launching a color cosmetics collection with Lancome? And there was all sorts of speculation that the products from his first-ever makeup range would be unveiled at his fall 2013 runway show?
Well, BEHOLD: This sultry indigo eye shadow is the first look at the Jason Wu for Lancome collection, which is slated to hit shelves this September.
Um, amazing, right?! To create the full look, here are the exact Lancome products celebrity makeup artist Diane Kendal used:
For the smoky cat eyes:
- Le Crayon Khôl in "Purple Dusk," $26: A smudgy, creamy-smooth eye pencil in a vibrant purple hue
- Liner Design Gel EyeLiner in "Violet Stylista," $24.50: Perfect for sharp, defined lines, this rich gel liner glides on effortlessly and is both smudgeproof and waterproof.
- Indigo eye shadow from the Jason Wu collection: It's still yet-to-be named and yet-to-be packaged, but from what we saw backstage, it comes in a loose powder form. (See the photo, below.)
- Hypnôse Drama Mascara in "Excessive Black," $27: The brush on the mascara wand features an S-shaped curve to grasp and load lashes, giving them a fanned-out, full-body look.
- Le Curler Lash Curler, $23: This eyelash curler is specially designed with a hinge and no-slip grip to give you precise control. Plus, no pulling!
Spotted backstage: The Lancome Blush Subtil Palette, Liner Design Gel EyeLiner, and the Jason Wu indigo eye shadow.
For the lightly contoured skin:
- Teint Idole Ultra 24H Foundation, $45: This foundation has a blendable, fresh texture that leaves your complexion perfectly smooth and velvety matte with no powdery effect.
- Blush Subtil Palette in various shades, $42: A three color palette that's custom made to contour, blush, and highlight. The formula's also super-silky!
For the muted lips:
- Kendal wanted the focus kept on the eyes, so instead of using a lip color, she softly brushed foundation brushed onto the models' lips and finished them off with a swipe of color-free lip balm.
Check out a few more scenes from backstage — plus a few of the top models who walked in Jason Wu's fall 2013 show!
Check out all of the looks from Jason Wu's fall 2013 collection here: