25 Quotes That Say 'I Love You' In The Best Way
These beautiful quotes will give you 25 different ways to say "I love you."
No sentence has quite as much weight and emotional significance as, “I love you.” Just these three simple words have the ability to completely transform a relationship, taking it to the next level and letting the other person know how much you care for them, and how truly deep those feelings go.
Yet, saying “I love you” is also no small thing. It can make you feel exposed and vulnerable — I mean, you are baring your heart and soul after all. This is especially true if you’re saying it for the first time, which we all know can take a lot of courage. In addition, while the simple sentence means a lot on its own, sometimes you want to find an even better and more profound way to communicate your love for another person. In times like this, we can turn to quotes.
Love quotes can feel like the words were taken right out of your mouth, even though they were originally said by someone other than you. We think there’s nothing wrong with turning to others for a little help every once in a while, especially with a topic as big as love.
Though these three words can mean so much, love quotes have the ability to say even more. These quotes will pull at you and your partner’s heartstrings, and allow you to open up in ways you never have before. Plus, these quotes are beautiful, and who could say no to having more beauty in their relationship?
Whether you’re saying I love you for the first time, or are looking for new ways to say it, we have you covered. Here are 25 quotes that say “I love you” in the absolute best and most beautiful ways possible.
1. "It's not always easy, and sometimes life can be deceiving. I'll tell you one thing: it's always better when we're together." — Jack Johnson
2. "I love you without knowing how, or when, or from where. I love you straightforwardly, without complexities or pride; so I love you because I know no other way." — Pablo Neruda
Really though, how romantic is this quote?
3. "I am catastrophically in love with you." — Cassandra Clare
Show that your love is that immense.
4. "i love you much (most beautiful darling) more than anyone on the earth and i like you better than everything in the sky." — E.E. Cummings
5. "You pierce my soul. I am half agony, half hope...I have loved none but you." — Jane Austen
Show your partner how special they are to you.
6. "So it's not gonna be easy. It's going to be really hard; we're gonna have to work at this everyday, but I want to do that because I want you. I want all of you, forever, everyday. You and me... everyday." — Nicholas Sparks, The Notebook
Saying "I love you" is a commitment to loving that person even through the hard times.
7. "For the two of us, home isn't a place. It is a person. And we are finally home." — Stephanie Perkins, Anna and the French Kiss
8. "If I know what love is, it is because of you." — Herman Hesse
Tell your partner that they are the one that has taught you what it means to love.
9. "I love you. Remember. They cannot take it." — Lauren Oliver, Delirium
This quote reassures your partner that nothing, and no one, can change the love you have for them.
10. "My favorite thought of the day includes a thousand memories of you." — Amy Grace
11. "I love you like a fat kid loves cake." — Scott Adams
You can say "I love you" in a playful way, too.
12. "In vain I have struggled. It will not do. My feelings will not be repressed. You must allow me to tell you how ardently I admire and love you." — Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice
Don't hold back telling someone how much you love them.
13. "I hope you don't mind that I put down in words, how wonderful life is while you're in the world." — Elton John
14. "When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible." — Nora Ephron, When Harry Met Sally
Don't wait to say "I love you."
15. "If you remember me, then I don't care if everyone else forgets." — Haruki Murakami, Kafka on the Shore
This quote expresses that your love has nothing to do with anyone other than the one you love.
16. "I'm scared of walking out of this room and never feeling the rest of my life the way I feel when I'm with you." — Baby in Dirty Dancing
17. "I love you not because of who you are, but because of who I am when I am with you." — Roy Croft
This is one of the greatest, and most touching, things about true love.
18. "But I love you. I'm totally and completely in love with you and I don't care if you think it's too late. I'm telling you anyway." — Natalie Portman in 'No Strings Attached'
It's never too late.
19. "maybe stars fall because they cannot stand to look at you from afar. i know i couldn't." — Emily Byrnes
How sweet is this quote?
20. "For small creatures such as we, the vastness is bearable only through love." — Carl Sagan
This quote tells your lover that your love for them makes the world a far less scary place.
21. "True love is rare, and it's the only thing that gives life real meaning." — Nicholas Sparks, Message in a Bottle
How amazing is it that one of the things that gives life the most meaning, is a thing that you cannot measure or even see?
22. "Darling, don't be afraid. I have loved you for a thousand years. I'll love you for a thousand more." — Christina Perri
23. "For you see, each day I love you more, today more than yesterday and less than tomorrow."
Tell your partner your love will grow with each passing day.
24. "Come sleep with me: We won't make love, love will make us." — Julio Cortázar
Touching on some of love's more intimate moments.