Weekend Recipe to Try: Lea Michele's Radicchio, Parmesan and Truffle Whole Wheat Pizza
(Source: Justin Coit/Crown Archetype) Glee star Lea Michele has a brand-new book out and it's full of inspired recipes, workouts and lifestyle tips based on the performer's own journey. It's called Brunette Ambition (Crown Archetype, $21) and it essentially transforms the story of Michele's rise to fame into an inspired, practical and fun life guide to encourage other young women to lead passionate, authentic lives.
“This book is the story of how I got to where I am today—as incredible and unexpected as that journey has been," she says. "My hope is that you take something from it that will inspire and motivate you, and also make you realize that anything you want to accomplish in your life is completely possible.”
(Source: Crown Archetype) In the book, Michele shares insights on hot topics such as career, friendship, fashion, health and wellness, as well as behind-the-scenes anecdotes. She also provides some of her favorite recipes, including this yummy, nutritious pizza that's perfect for a weekend meal. Try it at home!
Lea Michele's Shaved Radicchio, Parmesan and Truffle Whole Wheat Pizza with a Sunny Side-Up Egg
1 Pre-made pizza shell
1 raddichio, finely shaved (if it’s a small pizza crust, use half; I shave mine with a mandolin, but be careful as these can cut your fingers!)
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 teaspoon kosher salt
2 tablespoons, plus 1 teaspoon olive oil
Parmesan cheese, freshly shaved
1 teaspoon olive oil
1 teaspoon truffle oil
1. Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees.
2. Cook pizza dough if directions dictate.
3. Place the radicchio in a zip-lock bag with the lemon juice, kosher salt and 2 tablespoons of olive oil and shake until it’s well mixed.
4. Layer the top of the pre-made pizza crust with the raddichio mix and bake until it gets crispy (you can also put it on the grill). This should take about 10 minutes.
5. Shave parmesan cheese over the top until it’s covered, and continue to bake for two minutes until cheese melts.
6. Heat 1 teaspoon of olive oil in a skillet over medium heat.
7. When the pan is hot, break an egg into the skillet.
8. When the pizza is almost finished (the raddichio will be getting crispy at this point), use a spatula to add the sunny side-up egg (the yolk should be a bit runny) to the top of the pizza and let it cook for two minutes.
9. If it’s to your liking, add a drizzle of truffle oil to the top.
Reprinted from the book Brunette Ambition by Lea Michele. Copyright © 2014 by Lea Michele. Published by Crown Archetype, a division of Random House LLC, a Penguin Random House Company.
(Source: Justin Coit/Crown Archetype)