30 Quotes For Strong Women Who Get Things Done
Quotes that nod to the strength and power that come with being a woman.
Where are all my strong women at? Yes, I’m looking at each and every one of you. Women are badass forces of nature that should be celebrated and empowered, and sometimes we just need a little reminder of that. No matter your age, what you do, or what you’re going through, it’s important to realize your self-worth, and always know you are a strong and phenomenal woman.
A huge part of being a strong woman comes from harnessing the power of your fellow ladies. Life isn’t always easy, and when the going gets rough, it’s so valuable to be able to turn to other women for a boost of confidence and encouragement. Those women can be a part of your family and friends, but they can also be from a larger female community.
One way we love to tap into that larger community is through quotes. Quotes can make us feel heard, understood, and most importantly, can act as a reminder of our strength and unparalleled ability to get things done. Some quotes encourage self-love, some pick you up when you’re down, and some simply point out that you’re an unstoppable, badass queen — because sometimes that’s all you need to hear.
Regardless of where you are in life, know that you are part of a powerful community of women. If you’re feeling down, or just want a fresh dose of positivity and encouragement, check out these 30 quotes for strong women who get things done.
And always remember — you are a badass queen.
1. "Above all, be the heroine in your life." — Nora Ephron
Sometimes you have to be your own superhero. I mean, you're already Superwoman after all.
2. "Life is tough my darling, but so are you." — Stephanie Bennett Henry
Just a little reminder of your unstoppable strength.
3. "When a woman becomes her own best friend life is easier." — Diane Von Furstenberg
4. "I don't care what you think about me. I don't think about you at all." — Coco Chanel
Strong women stay true to themselves and don't let others stop them from chasing their dreams.
5. "Women like you drown oceans." — Rupi Kaur
6. "I am a woman with thoughts and questions and shit to say. I say if I'm beautiful. I say if I'm strong. You will not determine my story — I will." — Amy Schumer
You're in control of your own narrative.
7. "It's all about falling in love with yourself and sharing that love with someone who appreciates you, rather than looking for love to compensate for a self love deficit." — Eartha Kitt
8. "Girls should never be afraid to be smart." — Emma Watson
9. "You don't owe prettiness to anyone. Prettiness is not a rent you pay for occupying a space marked 'female.'" — Erin McKean
Just because you're a woman, doesn't mean your job is to sit and be pretty.
10. "If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun." — Katharine Hepburn
Sometimes a little rule breaking needs to be involved.
11. "Do your thing and don't care if they like it." — Tiny Fey
Haters are going to hate.
12. "Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one’s courage." — Anais Nin
Courage is what allows you to grow.
13. "I love to see a young girl go out and grab the world by the lapels. Life's a bitch. You've got to go out and kick ass." — Maya Angelou
14. "A lot of people are afraid to say what they want. That’s why they don’t get what they want." — Madonna
Don't be afraid to speak up about what you want — you never know what the answer will be.
15. "The most important relationship in your life is the relationship you have with yourself. Because no matter what happens, you will always be with yourself, so you might as well enjoy the company." — Diane Von Furstenberg
16. "I’ve come to believe that each of us has a personal calling that’s as unique as a fingerprint — and that the best way to succeed is to discover what you love and then find a way to offer it to others in the form of service, working hard, and also allowing the energy of the universe to lead you." — Oprah Winfrey
Share your success with others and your success will be even greater.
17. "The woman who does not require validation from anyone is the most feared individual on the planet." — Mahadesa Najumi
18. "I want to do it because I want to do it. Women must try to do things as men have tried. When they fail, their failure must be but a challenge to others." — Amelia Earhart
19. "People think that at the end of the day a man is the only answer. Actually, a fulfilling job is better for me." — Princess Diana
We applaud you, Princess Diana.
20. "The real difficulty is to overcome how you think about yourself." — Maya Angelou
21. "As for my girls, I’ll raise them to think they breathe fire." — Jessica Kirkland
22. "The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any." — Alice Walker
Never forget the power and the strength that you have.
23. "To be worthy does not mean to be perfect." — Gerrit W. Gong
24. "Women are like tea bags. You never know how strong they are until they are in hot water." — Eleanor Roosevelt
Sometimes, you just work better under pressure.
25. "The world gives you so much pain and here you are making gold out of it." — Rupi Kaur
It's all about how you deal with the struggle.
26. "Think like a queen. A queen is not afraid to fail. Failure is another stepping stone to greatness." — Oprah Winfrey
Failure is only a matter of how you look at it.
27. "I always wanted to be a femme fatale. Even when I was a young girl, I never really wanted to be a girl. I wanted to be a woman." — Diane von Furstenberg
Well alright then Diane von Furstenberg! We see you.
28. "I just love bossy women. I could be around them all day. To me, bossy is not a pejorative term at all. It means somebody’s passionate and engaged and ambitious and doesn’t mind leading." — Amy Poehler
29. "Girls compete. Women empower." — Unknown
Such wise words to live by. Support your fellow women — we're all in this together.