We’re a fast-moving, well-funded, profitable internet company that is pushing the boundaries in the way content publishing and technology converge. Yet our business is simple: We blend original, in-house, licensed and freelanced content with the highest quality photography on the market to deliver an overall informative and entertaining experience. And we do so on a massive scale, with three comScore top ranked consumer sites: Zimbio.com is a Top 10 Entertainment News site, StyleBistro.com is Top 10 Fashion & Beauty site, and Lonny.com is a Top 20 Home Design site.
Our offices are casual places where good ideas and strong opinions are pretty much mandatory. We encourage everyone to brainstorm and share any and all new ideas with each other. There are no cultural walls: the engineering team collaborates with the marketing team who collaborates with the editorial team and so on. And we’re all obsessively tuned-in to pop culture and fashion.
We’re located in San Carlos, CA and New York City.
We offer competitive base salaries, health/dental/vision benefits, and stock options.
If this sounds like you, drop us a line and tell us why. Please send your resume and a note to email@example.com.
Livingly Media is a fast moving Series B funded start-up and we are looking for engineers to help take us to the next level. Our business is simple: We blend original, in-house, licensed and freelanced content with the highest quality photography on the market to form an overall informative and entertaining experience. And we do so on a massive scale. We currently have three titles: Zimbio.com, our flagship entertainment site, reaches 30 million global readers a month, StyleBistro.com (#4 in comScore’s Fashion & Beauty category) has more than 5 million monthly readers, and we recently acquired Lonny.com, the award winning darling of the Home & Design world.
We have a ton of data (including literally millions of high quality professional images) and users which combine to give our engineers very interesting, high leverage problems to work on.
About the position:
- Build and maintain core features for our network of websites.
- Ship your code quickly and get it in front of tens of millions of people.
- Contribute to all aspects of project lifecycle: design, development, testing, and deployment.
- 2-5+ years web development experience.
- Solid Python.
- Exposure to Django in either professional or personal setting.
- Plus: MySQL, JS, CSS, iOS experience.
- Plus: experience with start-ups and iterative project cycles, experience working on large-scale projects with millions of users or databases with large amounts of content.
If you’d like to learn more, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.