We’re a fast-moving, well-funded, profitable internet company that is pushing the boundaries in the way content publishing and technology converge. Yet our business is simple: We blend original, in-house, licensed and freelanced content with the highest quality photography on the market to deliver an overall informative and entertaining experience. And we do so on a massive scale, with three comScore top ranked consumer sites: Zimbio.com is a Top 10 Entertainment News site, StyleBistro.com is Top 10 Fashion & Beauty site, and Lonny.com is a Top 20 Home Design site.
Our offices are casual places where good ideas and strong opinions are pretty much mandatory. We encourage everyone to brainstorm and share any and all new ideas with each other. There are no cultural walls: the engineering team collaborates with the marketing team who collaborates with the editorial team and so on. And we’re all obsessively tuned-in to pop culture and fashion.
We’re located in San Carlos, CA and New York City.
We offer competitive base salaries, health/dental/vision benefits, and stock options.
If this sounds like you, drop us a line and tell us why. Please send your resume and a note to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Senior Accountant (Finance Team) – San Francisco Bay Area
- Responsible for day-to-day accounting operations, including accounts payable, accounts receivable and cash management functions
- Perform ad hoc financial analysis to support decisions made by the company’s leadership team
- Execute the month-end close process, including recording journal entries, assisting with budget-to-actual variance analysis, and compiling monthly reporting packages for management
- Reconcile bank statements and other balance sheet accounts on a monthly basis
- Serve as a point person for many external relationships, including banks, vendors and service providers.
- Propose new policies, document procedures and other special projects as required
- Support the year-end audit, preparation of tax returns and other external reporting requirements
Skills and Experience
- BA/BS in Accounting, Finance or related field; CPA preferred
- 3-5 years relevant work experience, preferably in an online or media environment
- Advanced Excel skills and hands-on exposure to accounting systems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to interact with a variety of functional areas across two geographic locations
- Attention to detail and organizational skills a must
- Self-starter and proactive thinker
If this sounds like you, send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with an email subject of “Senior Accountant Position”.
Digital Ad Trafficker (Advertising Operations) – San Francisco Bay Area
We’re looking for an energetic, analytically-minded self-starter to help manage our online advertising campaigns end-to-end. Our team is small and operationally-minded, so you will have substantial access to and interaction with senior management across many departments.
- Work directly with Senior Ad Operations Manager to perform all aspects of traffic management, including implementation, testing, deployment, delivery, and optimization of ad campaigns from clients and ad networks
- Work closely with sales planners to provide account support for ad campaigns, both pre-sales and post-sales
- Provide technical support for sales and engineering teams to help troubleshoot problem creatives
- Act as liaison with marketing solutions team to test and evaluate new types of ad products before they are made available to sellers
- Perform QA for all campaigns that go live
- Ensure smooth delivery of campaigns by maintaining and distributing pacing reports
- Develop optimization strategies on a campaign-by-campaign basis to maximize both yield and advertiser performance
- 2+ years experience working in online advertising operations or related field
- Very familiar with third party ad servers, such as DFP, DART, Atlas, OpenX, etc. (we use DFP Premium, so direct DFP experience is preferred)
- Excellent MS Excel skills, and know your way around other MS Office products (Word, Powerpoint)
- Extremely detail-oriented and dependable
- Strong analytics, problem solving, and decision-making skills
- Positive attitude, and a genuine interest in working in a start-up environment and wearing multiple hats as needed
Got what it takes? Drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org with an email subject of “Digital Ad Trafficker”.
Sr. Manager Creative Services (Marketing Solutions Team) – New York City
Livingly Media is looking for a Sr Manager, Creative Services to join its Marketing Solutions team and report to the Marketing Solutions Director. The Manager will work closely with fellow marketing solutions staff and sales, and all three of Livingly’s editorial teams to ensure seamless execution of advertising and sponsorship programs involving editorial. Livingly works with advertisers across all categories of business including many high profile big named brands.
- Support sales/marketing team on all post-sale project management of advertising campaigns involving editorial. Responsible for making sure every element of each project is delivered on time and on budget while ensuring communication with all key stakeholders is effective and proactive. Projects include: Custom editorial sponsorships, Native advertising/brand and product integrations, Photo shoots, Video production, Product development, Social programs and promotions, Influencer/blogger partnerships
- Take ownership of project needs/requests and ensure they are facilitated through to completion within the required time frame
- Act as the custodian of project details, tracking, and budgets – this includes using BaseCamp to build timelines and assign tasks, helping to balance and prioritize competing projects, tight deadlines, and resource allocation.
- Monitor day-to-day activities of each project, securing input and feedback; work closely with various editors, designers, and developers across all Livingly sites
- Foster and manage relationships with third party vendors, contractors, partners participating in custom programs (i.e. bloggers, contributing writers)
- Nurture a positive, collaborative working relationships with sales/marketing and editorial teams through regular communication, exemplary project management and continual expectation management
- Manage budgets, track invoices and monitor project costs
- Attend and facilitate project meetings with marketing and editorial
- Maintain an in depth understanding of both Livingly’s and client’s strategy for each campaign
- Bachelors Degree
- 5-8 years of experience in Digital Marketing and/or Project Management within a media company or agency
- Experience in a digital producer capacity a plus
- Interest in editorial a plus
- In-depth knowledge of the technologies and processes involved in digital project delivery
- Experience with project management tools used for task/time/resource management a must – specific experience with Basecamp a plus
- Existing relationships with and connections to key resources is a plus (i.e. videographers, photographers, stylists, bloggers)
- Experience working in a structured and methodical way, with the ability to cope with competing demands and effectively prioritize tasks
- High level of attention to detail
- Possesses strong interpersonal skills, particularly influencing and listening skills.
- Confident and articulate presenter to all management levels
- Proven ability to proficiently chair meetings
- Self motivated with high levels of energy
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Experience working with editors and product development a plus
If this sounds like you, email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with ”Sr Manager Creative Services” in the subject.
Livingly Media is a fast moving Series B funded start-up and we are looking for engineers to help take us to the next level. Our business is simple: We blend original, in-house, licensed and freelanced content with the highest quality photography on the market to form an overall informative and entertaining experience. And we do so on a massive scale. We currently have three titles: Zimbio.com, our flagship entertainment site, reaches 30 million global readers a month, StyleBistro.com (#4 in comScore’s Fashion & Beauty category) has more than 5 million monthly readers, and we recently acquired Lonny.com, the award winning darling of the Home & Design world.
We have a ton of data (including literally millions of high quality professional images) and users which combine to give our engineers very interesting, high leverage problems to work on.
About the position:
- Build and maintain core features for our network of websites.
- Ship your code quickly and get it in front of tens of millions of people.
- Contribute to all aspects of project lifecycle: design, development, testing, and deployment.
- 2-5+ years web development experience.
- Solid Python.
- Exposure to Django in either professional or personal setting.
- Plus: MySQL, JS, CSS, iOS experience.
- Plus: experience with start-ups and iterative project cycles, experience working on large-scale projects with millions of users or databases with large amounts of content.
If you’d like to learn more, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.