We’re a fast-moving, well-funded, profitable internet company that is pushing the boundaries in the way content publishing and technology converge. Yet our business is simple: We blend original, in-house, licensed and freelanced content with the highest quality photography on the market to deliver an overall informative and entertaining experience. And we do so on a massive scale, with three comScore top ranked consumer sites: Zimbio.com is a Top 10 Entertainment News site, StyleBistro.com is Top 10 Fashion & Beauty site, and Lonny.com is a Top 20 Home Design site.
Our offices are casual places where good ideas and strong opinions are pretty much mandatory. We encourage everyone to brainstorm and share any and all new ideas with each other. There are no cultural walls: the engineering team collaborates with the marketing team who collaborates with the editorial team and so on. And we’re all obsessively tuned-in to pop culture and fashion.
We’re located in San Carlos, CA and New York City.
We offer competitive base salaries, health/dental/vision benefits, and stock options.
If this sounds like you, drop us a line and tell us why. Please send your resume and a note to email@example.com.
Art Director – Lonny
Lonny is seeking a dynamic Art Director to join its creative and dedicated staff. As someone at the top creative post at Lonny, this position is for a person with a passion for photography and an innate sense of visual storytelling. You have an arsenal of inspiration in your brain from which to draw on, and a keen ability to see possibilities others don’t. This person will be an out-of-the-box thinker who is ready to bring new ideas to the table and who has the wherewithal to see them through. A solid background in digital content, design, and the art direction of editorial photo shoots, as well as a serious interest in home decor, is a must.
The Art Director will work closely with the Executive Editor to maintain the overall visual direction of the brand. In addition to being an outstanding creative, the Art Director must have strong leadership and communication skills, be cool under pressure, possess an obsessive attention to detail, and convey an open, positive attitude. You will lead a team of four to produce a large volume of ambitious content on a monthly and daily basis. You thrive on being as scrappy and nimble as a startup, yet understand what it takes to help lead a fast-growing brand. You are able to inspire and provide mentorship in all areas of design, styling, and photography, and you enjoy the opportunity to wear many hats. Overall, you are flexible, digitally savvy, and excited to embrace challenges and adopt new ways of thinking.
• Digital/web experience
• Minimum of 7 years of solid editorial experience, preferably in both print and digital
• Strong communication skills
• Must be an accomplished designer with strong attention to detail
• A sophisticated and discerning eye for photography
• A demonstrated ability to convey information in an effective visual way
• Thorough knowledge of Adobe CS
• Experience working with HTML and CSS
• Interest in interior design, the arts, and fashion
• Prior management experience is a must
To apply, please send resume, cover letter, and pdf samples of your work or a link to your portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Art Director_Lonny” in the subject line.
Senior Accountant (Finance Team) – San Francisco Bay Area
Livingly Media is looking for a Senior GL Accountant to join our Finance team. This is a highly visible role with exposure to leaders across the company and an opportunity to learn about all aspects of the business. Our ideal candidate is energetic and adaptable: will be equally comfortable working collaboratively in teams and independently, can handle multiple projects at once, and excels when faced with new challenges and problems to solve. The Senior GL Accountant will report to the VP of Finance.
- Responsible for all day-to-day accounting operations, including developing best practices and documenting policies and procedures
- Perform ad hoc financial analysis, identifying revenue and expense trends
- Execute the month-end close process, including recording journal entries, assisting with budget-to-actual variance analysis, and compiling monthly reporting packages for management
- Serve as a point person for many external relationships, including banks, vendors and service providers.
- Support the year-end audit, preparation of tax returns and other external reporting requirements
Skills and Experience
- BA/BS in Accounting, Finance or related field; CPA preferred
- 3-5 years relevant work experience, preferably in an online or media environment
- Advanced Excel skills and hands-on exposure to accounting systems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to interact with a variety of functional areas across two geographic locations
- Attention to detail and organizational skills a must
- Self-starter and proactive thinker
We have a ton of data (including literally millions of high quality professional images) and users which combine to give our engineers very interesting, high leverage problems to work on.
About the position:
- Build and maintain core features for our network of websites.
- Ship your code quickly and get it in front of tens of millions of people.
- Contribute to all aspects of project lifecycle: design, development, testing, and deployment.
- 2-5+ years web development experience.
- Solid Python.
- Exposure to Django in either professional or personal setting.
- Plus: MySQL, JS, CSS, iOS experience.
- Plus: experience with start-ups and iterative project cycles, experience working on large-scale projects with millions of users or databases with large amounts of content.
If you’d like to learn more, contact us at email@example.com.
About the position:
- Build and maintain core user interfaces for our entire network of websites.
- Mentor other engineers in front end technologies.
- Lots of product development with a heavy concentration on producing fast, scalable, and reliable code.
- 5-7 years experience as a full-time programmer.
- Passionate about client side performance.
- Experience with Backbone.js and jQuery.
- Experience with server side technologies. In particular, Python and Django.
- Plus: experience with start-ups, iterative project cycles, and experience working on large-scale projects with millions of users or databases with large amounts of content.
If you’d like to learn more, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interactive Designer, Creative Services – San Francisco Bay Area
We are looking for an Interactive Designer with 2 to 3 years of experience creating and producing high-impact interactive advertising to join our Creative Services team.
- Work closely with Director of Experience & Design, Director of Marketing Solutions and Marketing Solutions team to produce artwork for all campaigns we produce in-house
- Coordinate post-sale ad production with NYC-based team
- Create animated/interactive ads using the Flite Studio authoring environment (www.flite.com)
- Deliver all necessary assets for all campaigns to Ad Ops and ensure ad units display as specified when they run
The ideal candidate will:
- Hold a Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Arts degree in a design-related major
- Be passionate about designing for digital media, interactive advertising and finding ways to connect readers with top brands in new and unique ways
- Intuitively understand the opportunities and limitations of the medium, particularly as they apply to balancing the needs of an advertiser, a publisher and the intended audience
- Be a design thinker that can provide meaningful recommendations when necessary
- Be a fast learner with special aptitude for picking up the nuances of new technologies and successfully applying them to current and future projects
- Demonstrate the ability to synthesize direction from multiple stakeholders (e.g. sales, marketing, design) into beautiful creative that serves business and campaign goals
- Demonstrate a track record of producing high-impact interactive advertising campaigns for a wide variety of premium brands (e.g. Macy’s, Coach, Target, Nestle, L’Oreal, etc.)
- Have a keen eye for aesthetics and typography on multiple platforms (desktop, mobile)
- Thrive under a high-pressure, sales-driven start-up environment
- Be extremely well organized and capable of setting up an efficient ad production workflow
- Possess expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
- Working knowledge of Flash, HTML5 and the contrast between the two
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Experience working in an ad agency or similar environment is a huge plus
** Experience producing ads with Flite is a double huge plus
Salary commensurate with skill level and experience.
If you think all of this fits you to a tee, please send your resume, cover letter and links to your portfolio and other past work to email@example.com, subject: Interactive Designer, Creative Services.
Style Editor, StyleBistro.com
About the job
The Style Editor, a new position we’re creating, will play a crucial role on our editorial team. As one of the more senior editors on staff, this job requires a constant stream of ideas for compelling, engaging, and original women’s lifestyle content. The Style Editor will write articles, photo specials, as well as other types of content of varying length and will work closely with other editors. This is mainly a content creation job with a heavy emphasis on writing, but some top editing will be required from time to time.
You’re a blogger, writer, editor and Internet junkie obsessed with all things hair, beauty, fashion, and celebrity. One might say you are a pop-culture expert. You have 3-5 years experience and loads of fabulous writing clips, and know how to write for a mass market audience. You’re a fountain of great ideas who can communicate and execute them (sometimes on your own, other times with a close-knit creative team) and you can easily spot emerging trends before they happen. You think it’s great to work hard and play hard and you live by the motto. When friends describe you, “great sense of humor” and “extremely intelligent” are usually phrases that come up first. You have a college degree and are passionate about working on the Internet.
Candidates interested in joining our growing network should send a cover letter, resume THREE PUBLISHED CLIPS and answers to the three questions below to firstname.lastname@example.org.
AND PLEASE ENTER: “STYLE EDITOR” IN THE SUBJECT LINE OF YOUR EMAIL.
Sorry, only applicants who answer the questions below will be considered.
1. What’s the most compelling beauty-related thing you’ve seen online in the last month? (Feel free to send a link)
2. How do you define “style”?
3. What do you wish fashion and beauty websites did more (or less) of?