We’re a fast-moving, well-funded internet publisher that is pushing boundaries in the way content creation and technology converge. Yet our business is simple: We blend original, in-house, licensed and freelanced content with the highest quality photography on the market to deliver an overall informative and entertaining experience. And we do so on a massive scale, with three comScore top ranked consumer sites: Zimbio.com is a Top 10 Entertainment News site, StyleBistro.com is Top 10 Fashion & Beauty site, and Lonny.com is a Top 20 Home Design site. Our offices are casual places where good ideas and strong opinions are pretty much mandatory. We encourage everyone to brainstorm and share any and all new ideas with each other. There are no cultural walls: the engineering team collaborates with the marketing team who collaborates with the editorial team and so on. And we’re all obsessively tuned-in to pop culture and fashion. We’re located in San Carlos, CA and New York City. We offer competitive base salaries, health/dental/vision benefits, and stock options.
- Accounting Associate/Office Manager – San Francisco Bay Area
- Associate Editor, Lonny – New York City
- Interactive Designer, Creative Services – San Francisco Bay Area
- Digital Ad Trafficker – San Francisco Bay Area
Accounting Associate/Office Manager
About the Position:
Livingly Media is looking for an energetic and curious Accounting Associate/Office Manager to join our team. This is primarily an Accounting/Finance role that will also include oversight of our office facilities. Our small-but-growing company will allow you to have broad responsibilities; you’ll learn about all aspects of the business and will have substantial access to and interaction with leaders across the business. This position reports to the VP of Finance. Responsibilities primarily include: Accounting (80%)
- Responsible for day-to-day accounting operations, including Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable and Cash Management functions
- Assist with the month-end close process by recording journal entries, performing account reconciliations, and generating monthly financial reporting packages for management
- Support the year-end audit, preparation of tax returns and other compliance requests
- Manage employee expense reports and the Company’s corporate card program
- Ad hoc reporting and analysis requests from the management team
Office Management (20%)
- Manage day-to-day operations of our San Carlos HQ, including overseeing facilities budget, improving the office environment and keeping kitchen and supplies well-stocked
- Plan company events including holiday parties, major meetings, and team-building events
- Evaluate office vendors and services periodically, suggesting alternatives when appropriate
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Math or related field
- 1-3 years Accounting or Bookkeeping experience, preferably for an online or media company
- Skilled with spreadsheets, complex Excel functions and QuickBooks Pro
- Positive “can-do” attitude, drive to learn new things and willingness to tackle projects large and small
- A love of pop culture and social media
Local applicants only. Apply by sending resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Associate Editor, LONNY
Do you know how to make copy sing on a tight deadline? Are you always the one carrying a camera? Is your blog or Instagram feed the envy of your friends and colleagues? If so, Lonny wants you. We’re looking for a talented, proactive, resourceful multimedia journalist to join the staff of our interiors-focused website and digital magazine as Associate Editor. Responsibilities include writing and editing lifestyle stories on design, entertaining, and travel; managing social media feeds (Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram) and interpreting analytics; and building articles and slideshows with as much attention to design as to the written word.
We’re a small, close-knit team, so a positive, can-do attitude is a must (no divas, please!). This is a full-time position reporting to the Deputy Editor. Photography and/or video editing skills are a plus.
To apply, please send resume, cover letter, and samples of your work to email@example.com with “Associate Editor/Lonny” in the subject line, and include answers to the following three questions in your cover letter.
1. How would you describe your personal interior design aesthetic?
2. What are three interior design sites you think are currently doing the most interesting things on the web and why?
3. Please send a link to a photo you consider to represent truly great design.
Interactive Designer, Creative Services – San Francisco Bay Area
We are looking for an Interactive Designer with experience creating and producing high-impact interactive advertising to join our Creative Services team.
- Work closely with Director of Design and Director of Marketing Solutions to produce artwork for all campaigns we produce in-house
- Create animated/interactive ads using the Flite Studio authoring environment (www.flite.com)
- Coordinate post-sale ad production with NYC-based sales team
- Deliver all necessary assets for all campaigns to Ad Ops and ensure ad units display as specified when campaigns run
The ideal candidate will:
- Demonstrate 1 to 2 years of professional experience
- Be passionate about designing for digital media, interactive advertising and finding ways to connect readers with top brands in new and unique ways
- Intuitively understand the opportunities and limitations of the medium, particularly as they apply to balancing the needs of an advertiser, a publisher and the intended audience
- Be a design thinker that can provide meaningful recommendations when necessary
- Be a fast learner with special aptitude for picking up the nuances of new technologies and successfully applying them to current and future projects
- Demonstrate the ability to synthesize direction from multiple stakeholders (e.g. sales, marketing, design) into beautiful creative that serves business and campaign goals
- Demonstrate a track record of producing high-impact interactive advertising campaigns for a wide variety of premium brands (e.g. Macy’s, Coach, Target, Nestle, L’Oreal, etc.)
- Have a keen eye for aesthetics and typography on multiple platforms (desktop, mobile)
- Thrive under a high-pressure, sales-driven start-up environment
- Be extremely well organized and capable of setting up an efficient ad production workflow
- Possess expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
- Working knowledge of Flash, HTML5 and the contrast between the two
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Experience working in an ad agency or similar environment is a huge plus
** Experience producing ads with Flite is a double huge plus
Rate commensurate with skill level and experience. If you think all of this fits you to a tee, please send your resume, cover letter and links to your portfolio and other past work to firstname.lastname@example.org, subject: Interactive Designer, Creative Services.
We have a ton of data (including literally millions of high quality professional images) and users which combine to give our engineers very interesting, high leverage problems to work on. About the position:
- Build and maintain core features for our network of websites.
- Ship your code quickly and get it in front of tens of millions of people.
- Contribute to all aspects of project lifecycle: design, development, testing, and deployment.
- 2-5+ years web development experience.
- Solid Python.
- Exposure to Django in either professional or personal setting.
- Plus: MySQL, JS, CSS, iOS experience.
- Plus: experience with start-ups and iterative project cycles, experience working on large-scale projects with millions of users or databases with large amounts of content.
If you’d like to learn more, contact us at email@example.com.
About the position:
- Build and maintain core user interfaces for our entire network of websites.
- Mentor other engineers in front end technologies.
- Lots of product development with a heavy concentration on producing fast, scalable, and reliable code.
- 5-7 years experience as a full-time programmer.
- Passionate about client side performance.
- Experience with Backbone.js and jQuery.
- Experience with server side technologies. In particular, Python and Django.
- Plus: experience with start-ups, iterative project cycles, and experience working on large-scale projects with millions of users or databases with large amounts of content.
If you’d like to learn more, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Digital Ad Trafficker – San Francisco Bay Area
About the Position:
We’re looking for an energetic, analytically-minded self-starter to help manage our online advertising campaigns end-to-end. Our team is small and operationally-minded, so you will have substantial access to and interaction with senior management across many departments.
- As a key member of the Ad Operations team, perform all aspects of traffic management, including implementation, testing, deployment, delivery, and optimization of ad campaigns from clients and ad networks
- Work closely with Sales Planners to provide account support for ad campaigns, both pre-sales and post-sales
- Provide technical support for Sales and Engineering teams to help troubleshoot problem creatives
- Act as liaison with Marketing Solutions team to test and evaluate new types of ad products before they are made available to sellers
- Perform QA for all campaigns that go live
- Ensure smooth delivery of campaigns by maintaining and distributing pacing reports
- Develop optimization strategies on a campaign-by-campaign basis to maximize both yield and advertiser performance
- 2+ years experience working in online advertising operations or related field
- Very familiar with third party ad servers, such as DFP, DART, Atlas, OpenX, etc. (we use DFP Premium, so direct DFP experience is preferred)
- Excellent MS Excel skills, and know your way around other MS Office products (Word, Powerpoint)
- Extremely detail-oriented and dependable
- Strong analytics, problem solving, and decision-making skills
- Positive attitude, and a genuine interest in working in a start-up environment and wearing multiple hats as needed
Got what it takes? Drop us a line at email@example.com.