The 2010 American Music Awards was a night of new 'do debuts. First Rihanna showed off her newly colored locks, then Taylor Swift strutted her stuff with straight hair and bangs.
Taylor's hair is a definite departure from her normally curly style and it's a refreshing change. The new cut coupled with her dark eyeshadow gave her an edgier, more grownup look. If you're thinking of straightening your hair, here's how:
1. Dry hair with a blow dryer until it's only slightly damp, you don't need to worry about straightening at this point.
2. Apply a dime-sized amount of heat protection serum to damp locks.
3. Divide hair into sections then begin drying bottom sections using a round boar bristle brush with the dryer pointed downwards.
4. For added straightness, follow up with a straightening iron on dry hair.
5. Finish off with a shine or anti-frizz product and a blast of cool air.
Check out Taylor Swift's hair Lookbook on StyleBistro: