Anne Hathaway was positively delightful at the premiere of her film Love & Other Drugs in Australia, where she paired a festive gold frock with a loose French twist. The refined updo was the perfect complement to her flirty gilded mini by Oscar de la Renta.
French twists are a great way to amp up your holiday style—they're versatile, classic and easy to dress up or down. In order to soften the effect of her updo, Anne added several floaty face-framing strands. To get the look, here are five easy steps:
1. Tease hair at crown then comb hair back and gather in right hand.
2. Use left hand to wrap hair around right thumb, creating a twisted barrel effect.
3. Secure hair at the seam with long hair pins making sure to conceal pins by twisting with ends aimed at center of updo.
4. Tuck ends of hair into top of updo and loosen several face-framing strands.
5. Spray entire look with hairspray and you're done!
Check out Anne Hathaway's Lookbooks on StyleBistro: