Actress Drew Barrymore arrives at the premiere of HBO Films' 'Grey Gardens' held at Grauman's Chinese Theatre on April 16, 2009 in Hollywood, California. (Photo by Jason Merritt/Getty Images) *** Local Caption *** Drew Barrymore (Getty Images)more pics »At the premiere of movie Grey Gardens, Drew Barrymore flaunted her bouffant style hair, which we think looked a bit retro 60's.Drew teased the crown of her head to achieve this much volume. Added layeres also add to the volume and deminsion of her look. Hoe to tease hair can be easier than you think.
Check out these tips on how to tease hair:
1. Begin by making sure that super curly or wavy tresses are flat ironed or blow dried straight.
2. Use a soft boar’s head brush or similar natural bristle brush to make sure that all knots and tangles are completely removed from all strands before backcombing.
3. Using a rattail or metal comb or teasing brush, part off a section of hair from the rest of the strands. Clip the remaining hair out of the way.
4. Using your hands in conjunction with a comb or brush, gather a small section of hair approximately 1-2 inches in thickness.
5. Hold the ends of the new section straight up and out from the scalp with one hand. In essence you will be backcombing your strands in the opposite direction from its natural growth pattern.
6. With the other hand, run the comb down the length of the hair from the end towards the base of the scalp in short, sharp and uniform strokes.
7. Spray newly teased sections with a firm hold hairspray. Repeat after each new section is created.
8. Select a firm hairspray to completely spray all of the teased hair when the backcombing is complete.